Monday, July 11, 2011

He is Worthy

7/9
Jesus, I need you right now. I feel inadequate. I look around and see everyone moved. I have been moved. I was more than moved yesterday, but today I'm not. Why? How could such a magnificent amazing God not move me. I feel like something is wrong with me when I'm not moved. I didn't feel like worshiping even though the prayer set was interceding for what my heart burns for- Revival in America. I pray that you break me of a lazy spirit. You are worth my effort. Please give me breakthrough tonight as I labor in the prayer room. Give me the passion to make it till 6am. Give me the grace to fight today Lord.

Even through all of this, the Lord is really teaching me that sometimes I won't feel it. Sometimes I'm too tired, or too lazy or honestly just don't feel like doing Jesus stuff, but something that He is really teaching me is that all those things don't matter. You aren't always going to feel like you're on the mountain top. You're not always going to feel like He is sitting right next to you. You aren't always going to be dancing or shouting or crying. Sometimes you feel nothing. But you press in, because He is the King of Kings and He is worthy. You do it anyways, because He deserves everything. We cant do anything apart from Him. Right now I feel like I don't have anything. No strength, no overwhelming mercy. Just Him.  And He is enough.

7/10
The Lord is really teaching me what consecration is. To be Wholly and Holy set apart for Him. All throughout the bible we see examples of amazing people who chose not to eat choice foods, or vowed not to drink wine...What is defiling your temple, keeping it from truly being consecrated to the Lord. Is it thoughts? Actions? Video Games? Actually certain foods or drugs or alcohol? Ask the Holy spirit what it is. He is worthy of our effort. He is worth our sacrifice. He is worthy of all of us.

1 comment:

  1. i feel you on the not feeling it. lol. i think that a big hurdle to climb in that situation is shame. it is not just laziness or our lack of passion that keeps us from Him, it is usually the shame that comes from that lack in our lives that we surrender to. And video games. <3

    ReplyDelete