Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Beautiful Encounter!

Tonight the Lord wrecked me. I have been undone by Him the Last 2 days. I long to see His face. To gaze upon His beauty. He is the most beautiful think possibly imaginable. His beauty is unfathomable. I have just been fervently praying to see Him. David put my heart into perfect words...It seems as though He had the same encounter:
Oh God You are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen You in the Sanctuary and Beheld Your power and Your glory. Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods, with singing lips, my mouth will praise You. On my bed I remember You; I think of You through the watches of the night. Because You are my help I sing in the shadow of Your wings. My soul clings to You, Your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:1-9.
Tonight during worship I had a beautiful encounter with Jesus. I was crying the entire service, didn't listen to the message, didn't participate in ministry, the Lord was doing a different work in me. Tears flowed down my cheeks at just the thought of my King. I sang for a good 30 minutes, I love You, I love You, I love You. Over and Over and Over again. The words were barely able to leave my mouth because at this point I was sobbing. The next moment the Lord told me to hold out my hands (they were in my pockets) He said, Hold out your hands, I have something to give you. So I held out my hands, palms flat, fingers stretched out. I saw the Lord in front of me, and He put His hands in my hands. I looked down at my hands and my fingers had closed in, as one's hands do when someone holds their hand. I didn't even know my fingers did that. I didn't move them myself. King Jesus was holding my Hands. Then I sobbed for the next 4 hours. Actually....I've been crying typing this blog. Ask Jesus to be next to you. Desire Him. Seek Him. Love Him. His presence is the best gift ever given. Thank You Abba. Thank You for Your gift tonight. I want nothing more than to dwell in Your courts gazing on the beautiful face of my King of Kings. I love You, I love You, I love You.

7 comments:

  1. That should definitely say ThinG not think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Katrina, that's what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry. <3 This is amazing! The Lord was moving last night! Encounters across the country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. akljfsdkfsdj kat!!!! no words. just, perfect. jesus! ah , love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but for real, i love you. i am excited for you. you must be praying for me too cuz i am having gnarly fun with Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete